In addition to the group Salons, Jean Houston, Ph.D., offers three individual mentoring programs. These programs are designed for those who feel that they can be change agents and want to clarify their lives, their roles and create significant contributions to their families and the larger human community.
"Having Jean Houston as a mentor has been a deep blessing in my life and a dream come true. She has been my guidepost through many worlds, retrieving what in me wants to be an active participant in this world, while helping me to honor what is not quite ready to be seen. Her keen insight and persistence in valuing my gifts enables me to see them for myself. Jean is kind, funny and richness personified. I am blessed."
-- A.C., Malibu, CA
The Mentoring Program is a unique personal development opportunity. It is considered by those who have taken it to be one of the most profound and potent experiences of their lives; it provides an inclusive approach to your own personal and professional expansion.
This one-on-one process is a deep coaching partnership dedicated to helping you be all that you can be. Jean Houston is a unique mentor. Her wisdom encompasses years of counseling leaders from around the world and studying the cultures who have been involved in and accomplished significant shifts in their thinking and policies. For over half a century, she has interviewed some the finest thinkers of the world discovering their secrets for a meaningful living. It comes from a lifetime of studying the mind-body-spirit connectivity in humans, and the hidden capacities of the human potential. Her work not only references the latest discoveries of science, but integrates them with her extensive knowledge of ancient and modern philosophy creating keen observations on intention, possibilities, timing and action that benefits individuals and their communities.
This background results in a perspective that recognizes the gifts that each individual carries and helps to refine them, clarify visions and create a course of action that is consistent with his or her values and goals. All of this is accomplished within the context of giving you opportunities to be an active contributor to these, the greatest transition drama that humanity has ever had.
These mentoring programs therefore activate not only a deep realization of your personal potential, but also provide insights into significant shifts in relationships to others and guidelines for meaningful participation in family, community, professional interests and intentions. In essence, you become an active player in the emerging new story of these critical times.
The Mentoring Programs are comprehensive. You become an expert in your own development through state-of-the-art training and practices in enhancing physical and sensory, psychological, mythic-symbolic and spiritual capacities.
The program includes:
- Initial orientation interviews during which you and Jean Houston establish the purpose and intention for your work
- Regular telephone calls to continue the counseling, updates, and feedback.
- Homework that prepares you for ongoing stages of your development as well as the evolution of your main projects and intentions
- Specific project development and strategic alliance counseling
- Exploration of new projects and life choices that are more in alignment of who and what and where you are in your life's journey.
Our premier mentoring opportunity open to a select number of candidates each year.
- Includes 5 personal workdays of 4-hour sessions with Jean
- Weekly one-hour calls
- A range of discounts tuition to all programs produced by Jean Houston and the Renaissance Project. Some events may require a small payment for meals and materials. Lodging and meals at retreats excluded.
- A year of coaching, exercises and focus on the area or areas most important to you.
- Highest degree of interaction and financial investment reflects the comprehensive impact this work engenders for every person.
This modified version of the Athena program is highly customized and flexible
- Artemis Mentoring can be accessed one quarter at a time. These quarters do not have to be used sequentially.
- Includes 2 personal workdays of 4-hour sessions with Jean and monthly mentoring calls
- Enrollment for one quarter provides $1,000 in tuition credit for any other program we offer.
- Participation for a second quarter provides a second $1,000 in tuition credit.
- Moderate to high degree of interaction and financial investment is adapted to your specific needs.
Jean Houston is like a Fairy Godmother to me. Not the kind who grants wishes, but helps me empower myself. She reminds me how to access the deepest realms of my creativity; my life is transforming.
-- XE, Mailibu, CA
To date, those who have been in the year-long, in-depth Athena Program have experienced extraordinary and dramatic growth and realization of their projects and intentions. It is not surprising. Each person was born with particular capabilities. Experiences and family and cultural beliefs may create artificial boundaries that marginalize your potential. Jean Houston has spent decades creating breakthrough programs that empower individuals and communities to be and do more of what they were created for. She studied with leaders of social change, psychology and philosophy from the time she was a young woman. She initiated national and international programs like The Possible Society, and Social Artistry which are making dramatic shifts in individual and collective lives around the world.
"The Athena Mentoring Program with Jean gave me the tools to expand towards my highest potential and helped me understand the impact of unhealthy patriarchy in life and business practices. This is leading me to cultivate a deeper sense of empowerment as a woman in my personal and professional life."
Join Our Community